Cut/Cloth/Work! Thursday, April 27, 9 am – 1 pm at the Department of Social Services, 1 Frederick Street. Cut: Free haircuts begin at 9 am. Cloth: Horizon Goodwill provides clothes for the interviews. The clothing selection also starts at 9 am. Work: Job Fair with on-the-spot interviews from 10 am – 1 pm. Learn more by contacting Terri Foote at 240-580-5351 or [email protected].
Ristorante Ottaviani – now hiring all positions, including kitchen staff, cooks, dishwashers, etc. 25 N. Centre Street, 301-722-0052 or email [email protected].
ACPS currently has openings for Substitute Teachers. This job requires the applicant to be 21 years of age, be able to pass all pre-employment screening criteria, and possess a minimum of one of the following educational requirements with preference given to those listed in order: 1) Bachelor degree or higher in a Teacher Education related field 2) Bachelor degree in a non-education related field 3) Associate degree in Teacher Education.
For a complete job description with qualifications, responsibilities, and how to apply, please visit www.acpsmd.org and click the Job Opportunities tab for more details.
If more information is needed, please contact the Human Resources Office at 301-759-2036. Deadline to apply is Friday, 3/10/23.
ACPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PharmaCare Network has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager at our corporate office in Cumberland. This person will be responsible for managing the functions of the AP/AR office. Requirements include:
- Minimum five years experience in AP/AR.
- Managing others.
- Excellent computer and interpersonal skills.
Preferred requirements include a bachelor’s degree in accounting & experience in a healthcare setting. Send resume and cover letter to Jody Chamberlain, Human Resources Director – [email protected]; fax – 301-723-2204. For more information, call 301-723-2425.
Cumberland Department of Parks and Recreation is Now Accepting Applications for Summer Employment. The Parks and Recreation Department has begun accepting applications for seasonal employment for lifeguards, pool staff, day camp staff and park watchman. Please read the job descriptions and requirements for each below and note the application deadlines.
- Cashier/Checker – (Park Pool) – This position requires persons to interact with pool patrons and staff. Being the point of entry to the pool, applicants should be able to give directions and answer questions from pool patrons. Knowledge of money handling is required. Applicants must be at least 15 years old. The application deadline is March 15, 2023.
- Day Camp Staff – Positions include senior counselors with specialty areas of arts and crafts, tennis instructor, sports coordinator, and camp
- administration. Applicants must be 18 or older and have experience working with children. This is for an eight or nine-week period, Monday to Friday, from June through August. The application deadline is March 15, 2023. The camp is operated at Constitution Park.
- Park Watchman – This position requires a mature individual with experience with the public. Good physical health is suggested as the position requires frequent walking through city parks. Part-time seasonal position from May through October. The application deadline is March 15, 2023
- Applications are available at the Cumberland Parks & Recreation Department Office on the lower level of City Hall, 57 N. Liberty Street in Cumberland, or may be mailed out by request. Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 301-759-6636 or [email protected].
- Hiring is based on experience, personal qualifications, and maturity.
Chessie Federal Credit Union – Join the Chessie family! Apply today! Contact us for information about our current employment opportunities. 301-777-1781, chessiefcu.org.
Coney Pizza –301-463-2227. Drivers and In-store Employees.
First Peoples is hiring! We are currently looking for Manager Trainees/Assistant Branch Managers and part-time Tellers. If you’re interested, please send your resume to [email protected]
The City of Frostburg (pop. 7,027) is seeking qualified applicants for the Director of Community Development position. Frostburg is a small and vibrant community in Appalachia that is home to Frostburg State University and is a designated Maryland Main Street Community. This is a senior-level position and the Director is responsible for the management of various city functions, including planning and zoning; rental housing and property maintenance code enforcement; building permits; staff support to the Frostburg Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Historic District Commission; and community and economic development initiatives. Management experience is preferred; this position leads three staff members and reports directly to the City Administrator and Commissioner of Finance. This position requires a detail-oriented self-starter with critical thinking skills and the capacity to balance regulatory requirements with business development support. Must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with property owners, developers, citizens, City staff, as well as elected officials and outside organizations.
Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, business, community development, or similar field and seven years of related experience in a governmental setting or equivalent combination of education, training and related experience. Hiring range for this full-time, exempt status position is $53,000 to $69,000. The City offers all employees medical insurance, life insurance, optional dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick and safe leave, and participation in the Maryland State Pension System. Work hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday and 2 to 4 evening meetings per month.
Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to the City Administrator, City of Frostburg, 37 Broadway, Frostburg, MD 21532. Applications will be accepted until a qualified applicant is selected. Interested applicants of all races and genders are encouraged to apply. The City of Frostburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Rocky Gap State Park – Seasonal jobs include Ranger, Lifeguard, Gate & Camper Contact Attendant, Maintenance & Cleaning Crew, and Naturalist. Starting at $16.15/hour. Hiring event at the American Job Center, 138 Baltimore Street, Cumberland, on March 2, 10 am – pm. 301-777-121.
Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is NOW HIRING for many different types of positions.
- Correctional Officers – $50,551 w/ $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Correctional Officers with food service interest – $50,551 w/ $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Correctional Officers with trade skills, two years experience, NO Certifications Needed – starting at $56,832
- Human Resources
- Social & Case Workers and more
To see all open jobs CLICK HERE
Contact: Nicole Stotelmyer
Western MD Field Recruiter
Dept of Public Safety and Correctional Services
18411 Roxbury Rd
Hagerstown, MD 21746
(301) 745-3673 (O)
(443) 204-5491 (M)
Hiring or Looking for employment? Check out our Now Hiring page at http://www.visitcumberland.